Wed, Dec 15|
2022 International Raqs Film Festival Submissions
Time & Location
Dec 15, 2021, 7:00 PM PST – Feb 01, 2022, 1:05 PM PST
About the event
Welcome to the Second Annual International Raqs Film Festival and Raqsi Awards Ceremony. We are thrilled to be bringing the festival back this year and look forward to enjoying all the work you have created.
This festival celebrates the artistry, innovation, and creativity of dance styles originating from the MENAHT regions and cultures (Middle East, North African, Helenic, Turkish).
- The Fee to submit 1 video is $50. Once you pay the submission fee you will receive a confirmation with the link to submit your video.
- Each additional video fee is $15 payable once you register for your first film. A link to pay will be in your original confirmation email.
- Films should prominently feature styles from the region (see genre categories below).
- Films & Choreography should be original to the creator or properly credited in the credits (for example: Film was inspired by or Film is in response to...)
- Films are allowed to have been made prior to 2021.
- If you were a winner of our 2021 Film Festival, please do not resubmit your winning film, but you may submit a new film.
- All films except for Documentary need to be limited to 7 minutes. The Documentary time limit is 20 minutes.
- Along with your submission, please select the award and genre categories you would like to be considered for. The film festival board and or jury may change your categories upon review.
- Films need to be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo without password protection and allowed to be embedded on other sites.
- Folkloric (MENAHT Regions)
- Raqs Sharqi
- Best Picture
- Best Story
- Best Original Song
- Best Editing
- People’s Choice
- Producers Choice
- Best Special Effects
- Best Videography
- Best Costuming
- Best Documentary
- Best Fusion
- Best Folkloric
- Best Oriental
Only purchase one (1). Once you purchase you will receive an email with a link to purchase more video submissions for only $15 each.